If you are seeking to return an item because it is faulty or defective, or is different from what you ordered, see the “Faulty/ Defective/ Misdescribed” policy section below. These are treated differently from change of mind returns.
Returns for change of mind reasons
If you change your mind and you are able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase, Blue Illusion may offer you an exchange or refund subject to the following conditions:
- Online purchases are valid for an exchange or refund for change of mind reasons within 30 days from the time you receive your purchase for full-price and sale items.
- Clearance/Outlet items bought online are not eligible for returns or exchanges for change of mind reasons.
- Items must be returned to us in a saleable condition. They must be unworn, unwashed and unused with all original tags attached and sealed packaging (where relevant).
- The item must not be an item listed on the exclusions listed below.
- Proof of purchase must be provided.
- Refunds for all purchases in-store and online will be given using your original payment method. EFTPOS/Credit Card refunds must be processed against the original card details (the exact card used to make the purchase). Cash refunds require a receipt.
- Shipping fees will not refunded for returns for change of mind returns, when orders under $100 are returned or exchanged.
- Items purchased in New Zealand cannot be exchanged or refunded in Australia.
- Purchases made using Afterpay, HUMM or Laybuy (NZ) can only be returned not exchanged. In such case you will get a refund. Note: Returns or exchanges on orders purchased using Afterpay, HUMM or Laybuy (NZ) cannot be processed in a Blue Illusion boutique.
- Purchases made using PayPal can be returned or exchanged by returning your order via post. Note: Returns or exchanges on orders purchased using PayPal cannot be processed in a Blue Illusion boutique.
- For returns and exchanges outside Australia or New Zealand, you will need to arrange your own return postage and we recommend getting a tracking number for your parcel.
Online Exchanges (change of mind reasons)
- Please allow up to 10 business days for your exchange to be processed if your items are in stock.
- You will be notified via email once your new item has been dispatched.
- Please note that the items from the original order will first be returned and refunded, then a new order containing the exchanged item will be processed at the current online price shown at the time of providing the exchange unless you are only requesting a different size (but same style and colour) , in which case no extra charge will apply, even if the price for the item has increased since your original purchase.
The policy applies to all purchases made from Blue Illusion, in-store, or online. Our policy does not exclude or replace your rights given under Australian Consumer Law and regulations for purchases made within Australia (including online purchases in AUD) or the New Zealand Consumer Law and regulations for purchases made within New Zealand (including online purchases in NZD).
If you are unable to provide satisfactory proof of purchase, Blue Illusion at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer a refund for change of mind. In such cases, Blue Illusion may provide you in its absolute discretion, an exchange to the current value of the merchandise.
Please choose carefully when purchasing the following merchandise as returns for change of mind reasons will not be provided on:
- Pierced Jewellery;
- Beauty & Skincare products;
- Worn shoes;
- Altered products;
- Personalised items;
- Gift Cards;
- Face masks
*Please note that items from the Exclusion List that have been returned to Blue Illusion, will not have their refund processed and will be sent back to the customer.
Faulty/ Defective/ Misdescribed Products - Consumer Guarantees
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If you believe an item is faulty, is significantly different from the sample or description or has a defect or problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it, you may have rights to a remedy under the Australian or New Zealand Consumer Law (the applicable law depending on the country of purchase).
If there is a major failure with an item, you may choose a refund, exchange or repair.
If the failure is minor, we may repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time.
Where an item is damaged through your misuse or abnormal use. Blue Illusion will not provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Blue Illusion will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under either the Australian or New Zealand Consumer Law (pending the country of purchase).
We accept returns for faulty or misdescribed products, within a reasonable time from the date of purchase. This may vary somewhat depending on the item.
Please note, all instore purchases need to be returned instore.
- Clearance/Outlet items purchased instore are not eligible for return or exchange for change of mind of reasons.